Nurses at Cancer & Hematology Centers of Western Michigan are a crucial part in the delivery of compassionate care. Our nurses provide the balance between innovative, expert treatment and personalized care. We are committed to maintaining the highest professional standards and keeping abreast of the latest treatments and technology through research, certification and life-long learning.
During your care, our nurses commit to the following:
- To care for you in all phases of diagnosis and treatment
- To collaborate with your physician and all other members of our care team to provide comprehensive, individualized care
- To provide expert nursing care to maximize health, enhance quality of life, relieve suffering, and provide education and support to you and your family
- To administer all required treatments with competency and accuracy, and to assist compassionately with side effect management
- To maintain certifications in the implementation of specialized treatments such as chemotherapy, IV therapy, and blood transfusion
- To maximize your quality of life and make sure you feel comforted
- To provide continuity of care, facilitate seamless transition from one treatment area to another, and establish ongoing resources for you and your family throughout your journey
All of our registered nurses are chemotherapy-certified and a large number of them have oncology certification from the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation. The certification validates, based on predetermined standards, an individual registered nurses’ qualifications and knowledge of oncology practice.